Tuesday, September 23, 2014

What Language Is This?

I've lived in Germany and worked in a professional environment for mumble-mumble years now. I've become accustomed to a certain manner of communicating. It's business-like, and - being Germany - it's fairly straight forward.

When I started writing fiction and hanging out on Twitter, I had to learn a foreign language. Not German. Not English. I don't know what to call it - just plain slang? American casual?

You tell me.

It has ten scoops of YAY and drizzle of awesomesauce. 



Several *asterisks* and ALL CAPS. 


 


A generous sprinkling of exclamation marks!!!!





I am also semi-fluent in #hashtag.



Did I mention emoticons?


How about bubbly exaggeration? 


Got any ideas what to call this modern manner of language? I'd love to hear your suggestions!

While you ponder, I'll leave you with an obligatory Star Wars mention.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment