Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Siblinghood of the World Blogger Award

Heehee - that's kind of a complicated blog post name ;-)

image by happy_serendipity via Flickr -> relevance explained in question 10 below ;-)
Nicole Evans was sweet enough to nominate me to answer ten questions about writing and my life. Click here to see her blog, and the questions she answered for the Sibling of the World Blogger Award. 
                                                                                                                                                    
So, basically, I answer ten questions Nicole gave me, then I ask ten other writers from all over the world ten new questions (Ten nominations is a lot, so I think it's more than fair to reduce this number to 3-10! ;)

Here are my answers to Nicole's lovely questions!

1. Why do you write?
The stories are inside of me anyway, playing in my head when I drive or shower or take a walk. I love seeing the details come to life when I actually write them down.

2. What would be the hardest part about surviving the apocalypse?
Ugh. I like modern comforts, so all of it. But the worst would be the lack of modern medicine.

3. What author has inspired your writing the most?
I can't possibly choose just one, so here are two: I adore Leigh Bardugo's worldbuilding and the relationships between Maggie Stiefvater's characters.

4. Your top five animated films?
Places 1&2 go to Tangled, which is my absolute favorite; 3. Brave; 4. Cars; 5. I don't love Frozen, but I do like the Let It Go moment.

5. Have you ever read any books on craft? If so, which was your favorite and why?
Story Engineering by Larry Brooks really helped me with plotting!

6. Which fictional land would you have to visit and why?
A beautiful island setting in a WIP I read by Carissa Taylor because I love the water and the lush foliage there.

7. What is the best advice you’ve ever gotten about writing?
Listen to all the "rules," and then see what works best for you. Every suggestion doesn't work for every writer.

8. Which element do you wish you could control?
If I could control air, could I fly? If so, then air.

9. What is your current writing project about and what about it excites you?
I'm currently working on a YA sci-fi novel with a priest-in-training as a main character, and I'm enjoying how deep his faith is, and how it collides with a situation he gets into.

10. Most importantly: favorite type of cheese?
Impossible question, like choosing only one book – gah!  But I'll mention one many people probably haven't heard of: obazda, a spreadable camembert-mixture popular in Germany. Amazing with crusty, dark bread or pretzels. See picture above!

That was fun! In return, I nominate the following amazing writers, and I highly recommend you also follow them on twitter!
Ava Jae: blog  & twitter
Carissa Taylor: blog & twitter 
Caitlin Sinead: blog & twitter 
Mariam Kobras: blog & twitter 
Linda Sienkiewicz: blog & twitter 
Emma Adams: blog & twitter 
Patti Buff: blog & twitter 
Jennifer Austin: blog & twitter
Kimberly Ito: blog & twitter 

My questions for my nominees are:
1. Are you a plotter or pantser (or a combination)?
2. What are your favorite tips for beating writers block?
3. What are your drink-of-choice and snack-of-choice while writing?
4. What are some of the most interesting things you've researched for your writing?
5. Can you recommend a good blog for writers to follow?
6. Which twitter accounts would you recommend writers follow?
7. Which newly released or upcoming book are you most excited to read?
8. What book character would you love to meet?
9. What author has influenced you the most?
10. Name a place - real or fictional - you'd love to travel to and why. 

I look forward to reading your answers!

2 comments: