Friday, March 20, 2015

Toooooot!

Yep, that's me, tooting my own horn today. (You can stop covering your ears now).

Some of you may know I like to write fiction. I don't have anything published yet, but that doesn't mean my name isn't available in print. Here's the story.

A friend once told me she thought a writer sits down, writes a perfect novel and has it published. Let me tell you: a lot of steps are left out there. One of them is revising and editing. That's where my tooting comes in.

I have several amazing critique partners. They read my manuscripts, tell me what works and what doesn't--even on a line-by-line basis. That can look like this:

or this...
or this...

I do the same thing for my critique partners too. And some of them have been published already.

Caitlin Sinead, author of HEARTSICK, wrote this in her acknowledgements:


Vicki Leigh, author of CATCH ME WHEN I FALL, wrote this:


Emma L. Adams, author of ADAMANT, wrote this:


So I might not have any of my own novels published yet, but I am incredibly proud to have worked with Caitlin, Vicki, Emma and my other critique partners who will surely be published some day soon. My CPs are all amazing, and I feel priviliged to work with all of them.

2 comments:

  1. This makes my heart so happy! I'd love to see my name in someone's acknowledgements one day! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carissa! Yes, it's so much fun. And I'm sure you'll see your name there too someday!

      Delete