Monday, October 20, 2014

Some Days

This is the view from the closet across from my kitchen.
 
Yes, we have locks with skeleton keys.
It's 7:00 pm. I'm hiding.

From my kids.

It's been one of those days. BOTH kids decided they were sick. I got called to school to pick them up. On the way to the car, my son started talking about which TV shows he wanted to watch.

I narrowed my eyes. I pursed my lips.

Within an hour, both wanted to go outside and play.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Gotta teach them a lesson, right? If you're too sick for school, you're too sick to play.

Unfortunately, having two actually-not-sick kids trapped in the house with me was one of those this-will-hurt-me-more-than-it-will-hurt-you things.

They cried. They yelled. One stomped up the stairs. And threw his toys.

Both were sent to their rooms. One twice.

It was not fun.

And I stayed strong. 

So tell me - they learned their lesson, right? This isn't going to happen again?

Say it won't happen again, and I'll come back out of the closet. 




Picture by me - don't even try to pretend you took it. That's just creepy.



No comments:

Post a Comment