Wednesday, August 20, 2014

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things


In order to combat the dreariness of an overabundance of bad news in the world, Sarah Vance-Tompkins challenged everyone to come up with twenty favorite things that cheer them up.
image by s j carey via flickr

Here are mine.

  1. Resting my head on my husband's chest as we lie on the couch
  2. Managing to jog almost as much as I walk during my hour long "walk"
  3. Homemade brownies and chocolate chip cookies
  4. Watching my son dance and laugh
  5. Watching my son sleep
  6. Watching my daughter play sports – she's such a fighter
  7. Cuddling with dogs and cats
  8. The way my chest vibrates inside when I listen to Breaking Benjamin really loud
  9. DVD Nights with my husband
  10. Reading books that take me away from the world
  11. Old cars
  12. Seeing how much my kids love their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins
  13. "Good morning hugs" from my kids
  14. Being urged by my daughter to read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory faster because it's so exciting
  15. Laughing so hard my stomach hurts
  16. Windy days
  17. Lakes, rivers, ponds - any body of water that reflects the sky
  18. A sparkling Christmas tree in an otherwise dark room
  19. Halloween costumes
  20. When a story I'm writing captivates my concentration so much that I miss real-world things.

It turned out even easier than I'd expected. In fact, I could have gone on and on. What are some of the things that can brighten your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment