Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Overload

image by State Farm on Flickr

I love Christmas lights.

I love Christmas songs.

I love advent calendars (like you couldn't guess that one was coming).

I love Christmas trees.

I love seeing family and friends during the holidays.

I love pie.

BUT

The Christmas season seems to start earlier every year. This week alone we were invited to five Christmas parties. Next week, we have another four.

And then Christmas, the week after that.

(As if that wasn't enough, half the people in my family have December birthdays. Off the top of my head, I count seven.)

It's too much for me, so I am officially throwing up my hands.

My New Christmas Strategy

Reduce: I've already cancelled out on two parties this week, and I'll have to cancel one next week also.

Simplify: I won't be making every dish to pass myself. Sometimes, store-bought will have to do.

Dare to be different: on the 24th, we'll have our second annual Christmas Eve Taco Dinner. Easy prep, the kids loved it last time, and there was more time for each other.

What tips do you have to make the holiday season less stressful? 



1 comment:

  1. Favorite coping suggestion so far was from Tricia on Facebook: WINE! ;-)

    ReplyDelete